So during this recession that we're in, I've decided to stop shopping for clothes. I cannot be as compulsive as I once was. I have plenty of clothes in my closet but I always end up wearing the same outfit each week. And I think it's mainly because of these 3 reasons-I forget what I own, it's folded under/over other clothes, or I don't know what to pair it with. But I know that I can survive this no shopping policy if I alternate and mix and match between items. It's time to get creative!
In order to ensure that I stop shoppping like a mad woman, I've unsubscribed emails from all shopping sites such as Shopbop.com, Gilt.com, and JCREW.com. Shopbop.com is deadly because there is free ground shipping. It always gets me! And I'm going to have to stop showing love to JCREW because it's just too much. Those free shipping codes with $150 just doesn't cut it. I don't want to spend $150. I would more likely buy if there was a free ground shipping option. Most recently I haven't bought anything from JCREW. I know they are hurting bad though because they had their first ever sample sale in nyc about a month or two ago. I read they had lots of unsold inventory. I really think they should have the free ground shipping option because that would mean more inventory being sold. Well what do I know?!! Okay, JCREW don't listen to me.
I'm not going to stop shopping period. If I see a shirt for $5, I'm getting it! That's the idea.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Haha, good luck! I tried to stop shopping, but I keep picking up new sports that involve new gear. Ack. ShopBop and JCrew are such great sites. I went to the JCrew Sample Sale and scored so many tees... same shirt, different color. LOL.
good for you! jackie must be happy too HAHA this was what he;s been hoping for for the past yr n two. but lets see if u stick to what u said! its hard
i've told myself not to shop too thats why i brought all 4 seasons of clothes but theres still nothing to wear to work everyday n i wanna be in with the trend! so gotta keep up with shopping then.
anyways clothes r cheap but that also means material not so great but o wells
i'll see major shopping needed tomorrow. house things (which are eating up my wallet) and clothes!!
Post a Comment