So today I brought my lunch to work which I haven't done in a long while and then comes 11:30am, my co-worker sends out an email saying a sales rep is taking us out to lunch at Rue 57 which would've been great if I didn't look forward to eating my home-cooked meal and if had actually liked the restaurant. I've been to Rue 57 three times and for all three times that I've eaten there, I've enjoyed it once before. Maybe it's the food that I order or maybe the food is just not that good. This is what I ordered today- to start, I had 2 sashimi slices of Tuna, 2 sashimi slices of Charred Tuna, and 2 sashimi slices of Salmon. For my entree, I had the Steak Au Poivre topped with a mix of butter and pepporcorn crusted at the corners of the steak. The butter is fine but I'm not a fan of peppercorn as I had just officially realized today.
My co-worker ordered the Mini Turkey Burgers which she didn't like. She only finished 2 mini burgers out of 3! Their soups are always good just because you really can't go wrong with that. Their sashimi slices were fresh but the way their wasabi is made is different from other restaurants that I've been to. The wasabi at Rue 57 breaks into solid pieces and I feel like no matter how much I try to mix the soy sauce with the wasabi, it just stays in small pieces. Luckily I didn't put too much of it in the dish because then it would be too spicy. I like the softness of wasabi so when you mix it, it blends well and becomes a dark green soy sauce.
What I do reccomend if you were to pick a French bistro is a place called Brasserie Cognac not too far from Rue 57. Their food and service is great! I went there once with a sales rep and once for my birthday and I can honestly say their food has not disappointed me. When my co-workers and I went there, everyone liked what they ordered. What is especially good is the bread they bring to your table as a starter. Their french bread is the only reason I go there. It is so soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside it's amazing. The filet mignon came with a herbed butter sauce that I really liked. The cheese puffs come in 8 or 15 pieces and they taste the best right out of the oven. Their warm chocolate souffle cake with ice cream takes 15 minutes but it's all worth it!
Okay, that's all the food talking for today. I am looking forward to dinner with my girls! yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment